- 1 Recipe For Aloo Paratha
- 2 Why we love Recipe For Aloo Paratha?
- 3 Recipe For Aloo Paratha Ingredients
- 4 We Need Two Main Ingredients To Make Recipe For Aloo Paratha
- 5 Step by Step Process of making Recipe for Aloo paratha
- 6 Methods To Roll AluParatha
- 7 Methods Of Making Chutney
Recipe For Aloo Paratha
Recipe for Aloo Paratha is one of the popular breakfast dishes that is made in different regions of India and Nepal. It is usually made with unleavened dough rolled with a mixture of cooked and mashed potatoes i.e. Contains different spices.
This dish is specially taught by my mother and had been making them every day, whenever we would like to eat at breakfast. I am very glad that my mother helped me to make this dish and gave me the recipe when I was new to this dish. Now I am here to give u the same recipe that my mother once gave me.
The recipe for Aloo Paratha is very easy to make but you have to be very careful while doing it because a small mistake can ruin your whole paratha (Taste might be not good, the dough might be watery, potatoes might not be cooked and many more) and can make your whole effort worthless. That’s the thing I don’t want to make it. So stick with me and follow the given step by step process.
Why we love Recipe For Aloo Paratha?
Recipe for Aloo Paratha is loved by everyone and it is good to have it in breakfast, lunch, or dinner. But mostly it is eaten at breakfast. This dish goes along with some pickles, chutney, curd, or with some tomato ketchup. The choice is yours.
One thing, you can even prepare a lunch box for yourself at work or for your lovely kids to eat at school with their friends.
In English ‘Aloo’ is called potatoes and ‘paratha’ is called a flatbread. As a whole, Aloo paratha is a flatbread that is stuffed with cooked potatoes (includes different spices).
Recipe For Aloo Paratha Ingredients
3 medium potatoes
1/2 tbsp red chilly powder/ green pepper
1 tbsp coriander leaves
1 large onion
1 tbsp chopped ginger-garlic
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tbsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp cooking oil
1/2 tbsp cumin
Ingredients for Dough
1 or 2 medium size bowl wheat flour
1 tbsp salt
1/2 cups water
Ingredients For Chutney in recipe for Aloo paratha
2 medium size tomato
1 tbsp chopped ginger-garlic
1/4 tbsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp coriander leaves
1 tbsp green pepper (khursani)
1 tbsp cooking oil (you can use any kind of cooking oil)
1/4 tbsp salt
We Need Two Main Ingredients To Make Recipe For Aloo Paratha
- A soft dough: A dough is basically made with wheat flour, salt, and water. It is easy to make and can be done in mixture jar or knead by hand.
- Potato stuffing: Potatoes are boiled, peeled, and mashed. For a greater taste, we can even make potato stuffing by cooking with different herbs and spices. There will be step by step process on how making potato stuffing by cooking.
Step by Step Process of making Recipe for Aloo paratha
- At first boil 2 to 3 medium size potatoes in a pressure cooker or electric cooker. Adding enough water covering the potatoes.
- Take it out from the pressure cooker and leave them to cool it off.
- After that, peel and chopped them into the dice section. So that it can help you to mash the potatoes nicely and easily.
To make mashed potato more flavors, texture and good
- Take a pan and heat in one of the stove, adding some oil in it.
- Add 1/4 tablespoon of cumin seed, chopped ginger-garlic or paste, and onion in the oil. Cook them until it turns into brown color.
- Now add turmeric powder, garam masala, and chilly pepper. Mix them well and leave them for 2 min to cook.
- So after 2 min, add chopped potatoes in the pan along side with some salt in it as your per taste. Mix them well and leave them for 1 min in low temperature.
- Turn off the flame and take them in a bowl. Mash them well without leaving any pieces of potato in it.
Making the dough
- In another bowl, take two cups of wheat flour, 1/4 tablespoon salt and 1/2 cup of water.
- Mix them together and knead the flour until a soft dough is formed. Add water while kneading. After its done cover it up nicely so that later when you make paratha it’s still soft.
Methods To Roll AluParatha
- Take a medium size ball dough. Roll between your palms and make your dough as the shape of a small cup.
- Place the potato stuffing in the center.
- Join the pleats properly or else there will be gaps while rolling and filling might come out.
- When u are rolling the stuffed make sure to sprinkle some flour in it and make it about the size of chapati or roti. If the filling comes out, then just take a small piece of dough and cover it.
- Now place the roti (rolled paratha) on the hot Tawa maintaining the heat in medium flame. Put oil or ghee on both parts of the roti n after some time u will see a crisp brown spot on the paratha.
Now For My Special Homemade chutney ^^
Methods Of Making Chutney
- Firstly add oil to the pan and after the oil is heated add 1 tablespoon chopped ginger-garlic and fresh chopped green pepper until it turns into brown color. When they turn into a brown color, add a pinch of turmeric powder and mix them well.
- After that, add chopped tomato and salt (as your taste) and leave them cook for 2 min.
- Make sure to off the flame and put the cooked tomato in a mixture jar. Before mixing them keep them outside for 4 to 5 min to cool a bit.
- Now mix them well and place them in a bowl.
Finally, you can serve your alu paratha with chutney alongside with some curd (curd is optional if you don’t have its fine).
If you have any problem while making a recipe for aloo paratha, please feel free to write down in the comment section below. And for more recipes, you can click here.
Thank you ^^