Cream of Tomato Soup
The best medicine for any rainy season or any cold weather is a bowl of hot, warm, and spicy soup. Tomato Soup is also good for our health. And our cream of tomato soup is also very easy to make too.
Cream of tomato soup is made with fresh tomatoes as there primary ingredients and cream with secondary ingredients. It is usually served at hot or cold in a bowl with some side dishes.
As tomato soup can be made in various ways and each taste depends on the ingredients and not to mention there cooking methods.
Some might be sour as hell other might be plain and runny or some might be so good that you want to eat more.
Is Cream Of Tomato soup Good For Our Health?
Each bowl of soup is filled with several nutrients that are very good for our health. It contains vitamins like A, C, E, K, minerals that can keep your body fit and healthy. It’s good for our blood circulation and helps us to lose our body fat too and the list goes on… So now lets head for its ingredients, Shall we?
- Butter – 30 gram
- Bay-leaf – 2 pieces
- Red Chilly Powder – 1 tbsp
- Clove – 4-6 nos
- Cardamom – 4-6 nos
- Chopped garlic – 1 tbsp
- Ginger- 4-5nos
- Onion sliced – 1/3 cup
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Tomato – 100 gram
- Crouton – 6-8 pieces
- White Cream – For garnish
Cut the fresh tomatoes in 4 pieces.
Put the butter into a dutch pot and heat it over medium heat.
When the butter starts to melt, add bay leaf, clove, cardamom, and cook them lightly in medium flame for 10-15 sec.
After that add sliced onion, chilly powder, garlic, and ginger (all roughly chopped) and cook them lightly too for 15-20 sec.
Put the halved tomatoes in the dutch pot along with some water and salt. Mix them well and leave them for 8-10 min so that tomatoes can be cooked properly.
Now add 5-6 cups of water and cook till the tomatoes are mushy.
Off the flame and strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
Extract the pulp by pressing hard through the sieve.
So once it’s strained put back in the dutch pot for reheat and bring to the bowl and check the salt if it’s good for your taste.
So for the final touch up, add crouton(it’s optional if you don’t want u don’t have to) and cream on top of the soup, and your cream of tomato sauce is ready to dig in.
NOTE:- You can even freeze your soup and store it in your freezer for later use.
So How Can We Freeze Our Cream of Tomato soup?
There are three things to follow:
- Before we freeze our cream of tomato soup, remove the cream because due to its cream base, the cream can be separate from the soup when its defrost. So later after you reheat your soup you can add cream on it.
- Let them cool down (room temperature) because if you put hot soup in the freezer it might raise the temperature too much. Now after the soup is cooled, put them inside the freezer-safe bags or safe-container. For safety you can place the soup bag in a large bowl just in case it leaks out from the bags.
- Now write down the dates on the plastic bag if you are planning to freeze your soup for a long time or if it’s just for overnight then you can just leave them in the freezer.
- After this seal and check them properly so that no air can pass through the bag. Now put them in the freezer. It can easily freeze 3-4 months.
- So finally our cream of tomato soup is ready.
THANK YOU ^^