Talk about medicine (except doctor medicine :D) for the winter or rainy season, soup is the best to heal and warm your body. And one of them is veg thukpa soup. Thukpa is a Tibetan noodle soup. It is famous among Tibetan people and the Himalayan people of Nepal. It is also popular in Bhutan and some parts of India.
It is a Tibetan recipe however it is available in every part of Nepal restaurants. There are different kinds of thukpa that can be made in different styles and ingredients like chicken, mutton, mix- veg, and many more.
To make veg thukpa soup, we use different kinds of vegetables. So today I m going to share with you the recipe on how you can make soup for veg- thukpa from the vegetables that are available in your house. So lets head to the ingredients.
1 packet noodles or pasta
3tbsp cooking oil
1 medium-size onion
1/2 tbsp Jeera(cumin)
1 medium carrot
1 medium capsicum
Salt as needed
1/2 tbsp turmeric
2tbsp lemon juice
2tbsp soy sauce
1tbsp chopped Coriander
1 tbsp green peppers
2 tbsp chopped ginger-garlic
1.we will start by boiling water on a pot. Add some salt and cooking oil in the water so that noodles can’t stick with each other.
2. Generally, we leave them for 8-10 minutes so that they can be boiled properly.
3. Noodles have been boiled properly, now we drain the water.
4. After draining all boil water, pour cold water immediately and cool down the noodles so that the noodles won’t cook too much and become mushy.
5. Keeping noodles aside, let’s work on our vegetable soup and some topping.
For topping (Its optional)
- Take 100 grams of Soya-beans(legume) into a small bowl.
- Add water into the bowl and leave them for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, wash them 3-4 times and squeeze them, and cut them into 2-3 pieces.
- Now add some oil in the pot and fry them until it turns into brown color.
- Topping is ready for the veg thukpa.
6. Add cooking oil in the pan alongside with cumin seeds, chopped ginger-garlic, and green peppers. Mix them well for a minute.
7. Fry them until it turns into golden brown and then add onion in it. Mix them until onion turns into light brown and soft.
8. After that add carrot, capsicum, and other vegetables. (you can use any type of vegetables if you don’t have any of these)
9.Fry the vegetables for 4-5 minutes, so that they can be nicely caramelized.
10. Now add all the spices (turmeric, salt, coriander, and cumin powder) and mix them well for 2-3 minutes. After that add tomatoes and leave them for another 2 minutes so that tomatoes can be soft.
11.so after 2 minutes, add water for the soup (You can adjust the quantity of water in the soup.) alongside with soya sauce and fresh coriander.
NOTE: If you want your soup to thicken, you can add some corn starch or flour. To do that, take a small bowl and add starch alongside with some water. Mix them well n add in the soup.
12. Cover and let the soup simmer for about 7-8 minutes.
13. After the soup is simmer, add lemon juice and mix them well.
14 Taste the soup for salt and adjust it.
15. And the soup is done for the veg thukpa (noodles).
16. Now all things are ready. Lets put the noodles into the bowl.
17. Pour the warm soup on the noodles. Add our topping and some chutney alongside with some lemon juice at the top.
18. The veg thukpa is ready.
Is veg thukpa is healthy?
some of you might be thinking is it good for our health or not? well, the answer is yes. It is very good for our health. It is also referred to the history that it has a lot of advantages to our body and some of them are listed below:
1. It helps to manage and improve our body metabolism.
2.. It contains different kinds of vitamins and helps to boost our body immunity.
3. It helps to avoid anemia and stimulate red blood cell formation.
4. It helps to make our bone stronger due to the calcium present in the soup.
5. Due to vitamin A present in the soup, it helps you a healthy vision and eyesight.
There are still a lot of benefits of veg thukpa and out of them some of them I shared with you so that you can be clear about the food.
Hope you liked my recipes ^^.If you have any questions feel free to write down in the comment section.
THANK YOU ^^