Bringing you the delicious Black Forest Gateau recipes to make at your homes in a very easy way.
Whenever I talk about cakes the first name that comes to my mind is Black Forest Gateau. It’s mouthwatering, rich in flavors, and full of chocolates. It’s one of my favorite cakes whenever I go outside to eat or want to make it at home.
IS Black Forest Gateau/cake your favorite?
This German cake aka (Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte) contains different layers but for today’s recipe, we are making them into 3 layers. Alcohol is used in the traditional way however we are not using it for our recipe.
In today’s blog, I will give my best to provide you the easy and detailed recipes information about how to make black forest gateau. So stay with us until the end…
why is it called Black Forest Gateau/cake?
Commonly, Black Forest cake comprises different layers of chocolate cake, with whipped cream and cherries between each layer. At that point, the cake is adorned with extra whipped cream, maraschino cherries, and chocolate shavings. In some European customs harsh cherries are utilized both between the layers and for enhancing the top.
The cake is named not straightforwardly after the Black Forest (Schwarzwald) mountain range in southwestern Germany but instead from the strong alcohol of that district, known as Schwarzwälder Kirsch(Wasser) and refined from tart cherries. This is the fixing, with its unmistakable cherry pit flavor and alcoholic substance, that gives the cake its flavor. Cherries, cream, and Kirschwasser were first joined as a treat in which cooked cherries were presented with cream and Kirschwasser, while a cake consolidating cherries, treats/rolls, and cream (yet without Kirschwasser) presumably began in Germany.
Black Forest Gateau/cake in Nepal?
Black Forest Gateau/cake is the most well-known cake in Nepal. In every celebration or party, black forest gateau/cake is mostly used. You’ll discover the cake in each bread shop and candy stores around the urban areas of Nepal. Similarly, the cake is one of the least expensive and normal cakes in Nepal.
The black forest cake in Nepal is adorned with chocolate shavings and the garnish is finished with cherry cream rosettes. The elements of the black forest cake used to be hardly found in Nepal be that as it may, these days real fixings are imported from abroad and thus you can get the genuine kind of unique black forest cake in Nepal.
How much 1 pound of black forest gateau (cake) cost in Nepal?
Well in Nepal it cost around Rupees 600-700.
Why Black Forest Gateau works well?
1 perfect combination of sweet and sour.
2 Crowds just loved the cake.
3 filled with rich flavors and chocolate.
4 can be used on every occasion.
Ingredients for chocolate cake
- 200g – all-purpose flour
- 8 – eggs
- 300g – sugar
- 70g – butter(melted)
- 1-2 tbsp – baking powder
- Salt – 1 tsp
- 1 cup (80g) – cocoa powder
For cherry syrup
100 ml of water
1 cup sour cherries
For whipped cream
Chocolate shavings and
Cherries for decoration
- Break the eggs and put them in a large bowl alongside a pinch of salt. Whisk them with the help of an electric hand whisk. In case you don’t have an electric hand whisk you can use a whisker too.
- While whisking start adding sugar (or add sugar before whisking) and mix them well until thick. It will take around 10 minutes. (to know it’s ready or not, its texture will start to change its colors and it will become thick).
- After that now add the dry ingredients into the mixture and mix them well and slowly. Lastly, add melted butter to it and stir them nicely.
Note: while mixing don’t mix them fast or else the trapped air will come out and there won’t be any sponginess left in the cake.
- Before adding cake mixture into the cake tins make sure you grease all sides with butter so that the cake won’t stick to the sides. Divide the cake mixture between 3 round cake tins. Bake them for 25-30 minutes at 150-degree temperature.
- After that take them out and leave them to cool down completely.
- To make the cream, take the cream from the freezer and put them into a large bowl, and mix them well with the help of an electric mixture at least for 5 minutes. So that it becomes thick and ready to use.
- Grate the chocolate or shave it with the help of a potato peeler for the decoration.
- To make the cherry syrup, put 100ml water into the bowl and add cherry jam in it and mix them well.
- After all the things are done, remove the cake from the cake tins and assemble the level of cakes with a sharp knife if necessary.
- Add some cream to the center of the serving plate so that cake can stay still while we decorating.
- Put the first layer into the center. Brush the cake with the cheery syrup on the top and add the cream slowly and nicely so that cream can be covered well in the cake.
- The same goes for the second layer, except for the third layer. In the third layer we will not use cherry syrup instead we use cream to cover it. ( cream must be added nicely to all sides)
- Add some spoon of remaining cream into a piping bag and start decorating the cake by making some flowers alongside with some cherries on top of the flowers.
- Now decorate the sides of the cake with the shaved chocolate with the help of your palm. Our black forest gateau is done and ready to dig in…
For more recipes Click Here…
THANK YOU ^^